- Download Access Request Form, fill in user information and mail [MMC806], e-mail [email protected] filled in form saved in Acrobat.
- Provide employee ID number [included on access form] so that your training records can be accessed in PeopleSoft.
- Download operating manual and handbook.
- View a training presentation.
- Read and review all materials. You will be tested on the contents.
Hands on Training
Training on how to use this specific microscope is provided on an as-needed basis by the confocal administrator. Complete and turn in access form, then call or e-mail Kyleigh ([email protected]) to arrange scheduling.
Mark Sanders will provided hands-on training at a cost of $20/person. When a time has been scheduled, have your PI (or whoever is paying for the training) fill out a work order on the BIPL web page. In the Comments field, write "Olympus Confocal Training" and a list of the name(s) of people to be trained. Fill out one work order per PI.
Training will be scheduled when 4 requests have been received with a maximum of eight people per session. It will take about 2-3 hours, and in about one week your U-card will access the confocal microscope room, the stairwells, and the elevator for after hours/weekend use.
It is recommended that your first session on the confocal be under the direction of someone who is familiar with the FV500 to ensure correct set-up of your settings.
A copy of the handbook will be available next to the instrument to act as a prompt to aid in using the confocal microscope system.
A training presentation is available for viewing as a refresher.